Since 2009, our PM&R team has historically been heavily involved with giving back to the Community through participation in health events, sponsorships to health related events and fairs and partnership with fitness organizations such as the Florida Track Club and G3 Gainesville Triathalon Club, and serving as Medical leadership for events such as the Five Points of Life Marathon weekend event. Our presence at local and regional running races, UF health fairs, and lacrosse events and more allows engagement of the community with our services, research and achieving a common goal of doing ‘greater good’ for others.
We have participated in:
- Local and regional running races
- Five Points of Life EXPO and Race weekends
- Ladies Professional Golf Tour presentation events
- March of Dimes events
- Free sports physical screens
- Adaptive Mobility Clinics, test runs of running blades
- Nutrition and core therapeutic exercise for Para athlete fencing sessions
In addition, several of our Faculty are involved in outreach through educational opportunities:
- With seniors such as the “Medical School” lecture series at Oak Hammock
- With athletes and families during health and safety presentations at regional schools
- In-person and ZOOM educational talks for safe participation in sports and sport nutrition (running, baseball, endurance sport, field sports)
Contact us if interested in community services.