Are you a runner who is able to run on treadmill continuously at least 15 minutes?
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is studying how the
mechanical and metabolic responses differ with running among people with different
levels of lower limb amputations compared to healthy runners.
Who are we looking for??
- Men and women
- Aged 18-70 years
- Accustomed to running at least 16 kilometers/week (10 miles/week)
- A typical long run is at least 2 miles in duration
- Able to run on treadmill continuously for at least 15 minutes (length of testing session)
- No injuries or medical conditions within the preceding 6 months that caused any decrease in weekly running mileage.
What is involved?
- Initial assessment of injury history, current medical conditions
- Aerobic fitness measures on an arm cycle machine
- Leg strength and ranges of motion measures
- Running gait motion measures
Contact us today for questions or to schedule an appointment: University of Florida Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Attention: Jordan Oberhaus, 352-273-7412