The Human Performance services provide key health and fitness characteristics of patient populations, and can be used to determine the exercise capacity changes that occur with varying interventions. Services include metabolism, body composition and aerobic exercise performance, anaerobic power, strength testing and endurance. There are designated areas for cardiopulmonary and aerobic fitness testing, electrocardiograms, ultrasound, muscle biopsies and strength testing and training.
maximal and submaximal testing
- Fuel efficiency
- Lactate testing on treadmill and cycle; for other specialized equipment, please inquire
- Resting metabolic rate (RER, fuel use and energy expenditure)
- Anaerobic cycle power with lactate
- Body composition (BODPOD and skinfold)
- Maximal muscle strength and muscle endurance testing